The Tech in Sports crew explores all the latest tech news from the last week including international rugby athletes battling to own their data, smart clothing to expand the wearables market, and a new report studying the impact of subconcussive impacts. Plus, we speak with Netherlands-based SciSports CEO and founder, Giels Brouwer, about how they are changing the world of soccer with analytics.
Stories of the week:
- Toronto Blue Jays are using new bat sensors;
- The MLB is being sued for allegedly breaking a three year, multi-million dollar deal with a sport tech company;
- Nike has begun testing a connected shoe;
- Brazilian national soccer team scores a new sports tech startup partnership;
- Real Madrid partners with Samsung on Twitter;
- International rugby athletes are fighting for their data rights;
- Checking out New York City’s virtual marathon;
- Discussing Levi’s smart jacket;
- And, new study explores subconcussive impacts.
Follow us at: