EventHelix releases EventStudio System Designer 4.0
EventHelix.com Inc. announces the release of EventStudio System Designer 4.0, a use case and sequence diagram based system design and architecture modeling tool that runs on Windows. Users model the system in a text based modeling language. EventStudio analyzes the model for design errors and automatically generates use case and sequence diagrams.
EventStudio supports systems engineering and modeling in several application areas. Modeling in Telecommunications, Networking and Embedded Systems is supported with message sequence charts and call flow diagrams. Use case and sequence diagram based modeling simplify object oriented analysis and design. Process workflow generation is supported for business process re-engineering applications.
EventStudio automatically handles diagram layout, formatting, scaling and page breaks for sequence diagrams and collaboration diagrams generated in the Adobe PDF and Microsoft Word Picture (EMF) formats.
This release adds the ability to generate diagrams at different levels of abstraction. EventStudio adds support for UML style modeling of object interactions. A preprocessor is included in the modeling language. The preprocessor promotes design reuse by specifying common portions of a design in include files. Macros may be defined to represent commonly repeated message sequences.
Color, line pattern and font of an element in the sequence diagram can be changed using the style specification. The style specification can also be applied to specify the formatting and images for sequence diagram columns.
EventStudio supports single click synchronization between PDF documents and the developer’s model. EventStudio adds support for several statements. Actions involving multiple entities may be specified using the joint action statement. A heading statement allows the user to partition the sequence diagram into multiple sections. Bidirectional message interactions can now be depicted with a single statement.
EventStudio 4.0 runs under the Windows 2000/XP/Vista platforms. It requires 10 MB of disk space. The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view PDF files. EventStudio 4.0 is available now. The single licence is priced at US $299; discounted multi-license packs are also available. EventStudio can be ordered from http://www.EventHelix.com.
AutoVue product offerings for the EDA marketplace include
- AutoVue EDA Professional features native viewing, markup and secure real-time collaboration capabilities via the Web for manufacturing documents, PCB layouts, schematics and Office documents. Supported formats include CADSTAR 8.0, Mentor Board Station 8.10, Altium Designer 6.0, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, and many more. To learn more, please visit http://www.cimmetry.com/_products/autovue_eda_pro.html
- AutoVue Electro-Mechanical Professional provides format support for EDA, 3D, 2D and Office document types in a single solution. It also bridges the gap between MCAD and EDA. To learn more about features and format support, please visit http://www.cimmetry.com/_products/autovue_electro-mechanical_pro.html
AutoVue 19.2 also delivers enhancements and format support for the Manufacturing, A/E/C, Oil and Gas, and Plant Design communities, including AutoCAD 2008, SmartSketch 4.0 & 5.0, SolidEdge 19, Inventor 2008, and many more.
AutoVue 19.2 is available in both Desktop and Web Editions and can be purchased from Cimmetry or through a global network of Value Added Resellers.
Magent releases Xlight FTP Server 2.7
Magnet Inc. announced the release of Xlight FTP Server 2.7, a file management solution for enterprise. The enhancements include SSL client certificate, Active Directory, Database stored procedure.
Xlight FTP Server 2.7 features at a glance
- User settings and password can be stored in the LDAP, Active Directory or database.
- Support secure SSL file transfer and authentication based on SSL client certificate.
- Can store file transfer logs in the database or in Unix xferlog format.
- Has native ftp users isolation and public, group paths.
- Support UNC path impersonation, ftp server can use the impersonation account to access password protected network shares.
- Support e-mail notification for file transfers.
- Remote administration and seamless IPv6 support.
Xlight FTP Server runs under all versions of Microsoft Windows including the latest Windows Vista. The professional edition costs US$129.95. Further information about the product, as well as its free, 30-day evaluation copy is available from www.xlightftpd.com.