Canadians vie for top SMB influencer recognition

Several Canadians have been nominated as top small and medium-sized business influencers in a worldwide competition held by a U.S.-based awards effort to name the top 150 SMB influencers.

Online daily voting is currently open for the competition. The top performing Canadian so far is Mitch Garvis, a virtual technical evangelist for Microsoft Canada and a partner with SWMI Consulting Group with 683 votes. The voting period ends Jan. 18 – community votes cast count for 40 per cent of the final list and a judges panel will decide the other 60 per cent of the final score.

Influencers pose at last year’s top SMB 150 event. (Source: SMB 150)

Co-hosted by the Washington state-based SMB Nation publishing firm and the SMB Technology Network (SMBTN) will announce The SMB 150 Influencers in early April 2013. The awards recognize those who “made a meaningful and lasting impact on the worldwide SMB channel” by providing products that are widely used by channel partners, by being a thought leader, or by providing information services.

Other Canadians nominated to the list include Stuart Crawford, the chief marketing officer at Toronto-based Ulistic Inc. currently with 126 votes. Crawford is also a member of’s editorial advisory board.

Winners will receive a 50 per cent discount to a three-day SMB Nation conference in the Spring and also a complimentary SMBTN Community membership.

Source | SMB 150

Would you recommend this article?


Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think of this article!
We'd love to hear your opinion about this or any other story you read in our publication.

Jim Love, Chief Content Officer, IT World Canada

Featured Download

Brian Jackson
Brian Jackson
Editorial director of IT World Canada. Covering technology as it applies to business users. Multiple COPA award winner and now judge. Paddles a canoe as much as possible.

Featured Story

How the CTO can Maintain Cloud Momentum Across the Enterprise

Embracing cloud is easy for some individuals. But embedding widespread cloud adoption at the enterprise level is...

Related Tech News

Get ITBusiness Delivered

Our experienced team of journalists brings you engaging content targeted to IT professionals and line-of-business executives delivered directly to your inbox.

Featured Tech Jobs