Toronto-based accelerator IdeaBoost launched six of its graduating startups out into the world on Wednesday, and it’s bringing in six more into the fold.
In an event down at the Steam Whistle Brewery, IdeaBoost introduced Wondereur, Instaradio, AlertTV, Lightning Platform, Bemused, and Motion Panels as its outgoing group. The startups then had the chance to pitch investors and share their plans with people working in their respective industries.
The accelerator’s third and newest cohort was also introduced, bringing a new group of six into its fall program. IdeaBoost’s fall cohort includes:
1. Bublcam – A consumer-facing camera that captures panoramic views through sphere-shaped photos and videos.
2. L.A.R.G.E. location-based augmented reality gaming engine – A tool kit for game developers looking to build larger-than-life games through augmented reality.
3. RadioMogul – A platform giving people the chance to create their own customized, curated Internet radio station – and one they can monetize.
4. Think Dirty – A mobile app for curious consumers looking to read their beauty and body care product labels.
5. uMentioned – A location-based app enabling university students to flirt with people nearby, avoiding that missed connection – or just to make friends.
6. Weirdwood Manor – An interactive, animated novel for children, created for the iPad. Kids will become involved with the story by solving puzzles, completing tasks, and meet challenges.
Run by the Canadian Film Centre’s Media Lab, IdeaBoost focuses on early stage startups aiming to disrupt the entertainment and media landscape through technology.
Its third cohort will receive up to $15,000 for production costs, going towards resources like coding, materials, and equipment. Startups will be in bootcamp mode for the next four months, developing prototypes, meeting with mentors, and working on their business strategies.
For IT Business.ca’s directory of incubators and accelerators, head on over here.