The Tech in Sports crew explores all the major sports tech news from the last week including Amazon supporting the NFL’s next-gen stats platform, Facebook hiring a sports executive, the NBA’s new education initiatives, and more. Plus, we explore high-tech performance-enhancing athletic clothing and discuss whether they should be allowed in sports competitions.
Stories of the week:
- Amazon Web Services will be the backbone of the NFL’s new next-gen statistics platform
- Facebook is hiring a sports streaming executive who will have a budget of “billions”
- How the Jacksonville Jaguars and Cleveland Browns differ in their approach to using analytics
- The NBA and Harvard University team up for a business program geared towards former and current players
- The Boston Celtics start a traveling education program teaching middle schoolers about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers
- A study by the University of Colorado-Boulder proves Nike’s newest shoes reduce energy consumption by four per cent
Recorded on December 6, 2017.
Follow us at: