| Sector: Mobile and web apps and services designed for mobile or tablet devices or targeted at players in the mobile environment|
Program Type: Incubator
Program Duration: 35 weeks
Cohort Size: 9
Company Stage: Idea
Demo Day: Yes
| Upfront: $30,000|
For Profit: No
Extra Cost Details:
Up to $80K in exchange for 10% equity stake.
The goal of The Next 36 is to increase Canadian prosperity by developing Canada’s next generation of high impact entrepreneurs. Started by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, The Next 36 provides a series of life changing experiences and relationships to young Canadians with the potential to build and lead great organizations. Each year, thirty-six promising undergraduates are selected from a variety of academic disciplines, and from across Canada, through a rigorous national selection process. The young entrepreneurs build a business in the mobile or tablet space together in teams of three. For eight months they are provided mentorship from some of Canada’s top business leaders, up to $80,000 cash from top venture capitalists, a comprehensive offering of in-kind resources and academic instruction from some of the world’s top faculty. Candidates should expect to be pushed out of their comfort zone, gain skills vital to entrepreneurs and nation builders and have their expectations for themselves increased dramatically.
What makes The Next 36 so valuable to young entrepreneurs?
- CEO mentorship from Canada’s top business leaders and entrepreneurs
- Unparalleled support for the development of ventures in the mobile or tablet environment
- Unique combination of academic theory, business mentorship and practical entrepreneurial experience
- A powerful peer network with some of Canada’s most talented and innovative students
- $30,000 in tuition costs per student covered by generous donors
Claudia Hepburn ~ Executive Director
130 Bloor Street West, Suite 702,
Toronto, ON - M5S 1N5
The Next 36 Articles