The 2016 mega-acquisition of EMC by Dell Technologies for $67 billion affected 145,000 employees and created the world’s largest private IT vendor. Kevin Connolly was tapped to take on the president role of Dell EMC Canada and help implement the new era. In this one-on-one interview with ITWC President Fawn Annan, Connolly discusses that transition (and throws some darts), just before receiving a promotion to work at Dell Techologies corporate, as the senior vice-president of North American sales for medium business.
What you’ll learn from this interview:
- How Dell EMC spent $4.5 to integrate the two firms
- What the surprises were along the merger journey
- How the two company cultures were different and how that gap was closed
- Connolly’s leadership style
- Where Dell focuses its efforts with charities
Read more about Connolly’s year in 2018 in CDN’s Top Newsmakers special feature.