Combined strength brings a national presence to IT provider’s end-to-end digital transformation solutions and services
TEMPE, Ariz., August 30, 2019 – Insight Enterprises (Nasdaq: NSIT), a global provider of Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services for organizations of all sizes (“Insight”), announced today that it has completed the acquisition of PCM, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCMI), a provider of IT products and services (“PCM”), expanding Insight’s footprint in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom.
The addition of PCM extends Insight Canada’s business into a true national presence, nearly tripling the company’s workforce in the region while adding approximately 200 technical and service delivery teammates. The combined strength allows the company to further capitalize on the four solution areas where clients undergoing digital transformation most often seek Insight’s help: driving innovation, modernizing and securing data platforms, empowering employees with tools that fuel productivity, and simplifying IT procurement and asset management.
“We want to welcome the PCM team to the Insight family. Bringing our businesses together will strengthen our competitive position. Together, we have a significant opportunity to help organizations leverage technology in a strategic manner by providing access to the right resources to architect, implement, manage and execute transformation initiatives from end to end,” said Ken Lamneck, CEO of Insight.
PCM’s multi-vendor technology solutions include hardware, software and services for small, mid-sized and corporate/enterprise commercial clients; state, local and federal governments; and educational institutions. Its cloud solutions bring additional consulting, professional and managed services to clients across Canada.
Highlights of the acquisition include:
- Expanding Insight’s reach into the mid-market and its geographic coverage by adding offices in Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver
- Bolstering Insight as a top-three solution provider in Canada, strengthening the reach of the company’s more than 5,100 hardware, software and cloud partners
- Providing a new group of clients with access to deeper technical skills and managed services within Insight’s Connected Workforce, Cloud + Data Center Transformation and Supply Chain Optimization solution areas
- Cisco Gold Certification in enterprise networking, security, collaboration, data center virtualization and service provider technology
- Adding in-country consulting expertise in cloud/security, specializing in Microsoft cloud technology, including Azure Cloud solutions and Office 365
- Gaining more than 2,700 client-facing sales teammates, technical architects, engineers, consultants and service delivery roles overall in Canada, the United States and United Kingdom
“This is an ideal fit that creates more technology breadth and depth for our clients,” said John Dathan, senior vice president and general manager, Insight Canada. “With PCM firmly established in western Canada and Insight’s predominantly eastern-based operations, our companies mesh very well and with very little overlap. We gain greater ability to provide hybrid cloud solutions and managed workplace services tailored specifically to the Canadian marketplace. Now, there’s no reason why we can’t help any business, across any industry, with their digital transformation needs.”
For more information on Insight, visit ca.insight.com or call 800-INSIGHT.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of Digital Innovation, Cloud + Data Center Transformation, Connected Workforce, and Supply Chain Optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run business smarter. Discover more at www.insight.com. NSIT
Insight Enterprises, Inc.
Glynis Bryan 480-333-3251
Helen Johnson, 480-333-3234
Amy Protexter, 480-409-6710
Scott Walters, 480-889-9798