Toronto (June 20, 2018) – A new national awards program focused on channel innovation was officially launched today by Computer Dealer News (CDN) with a call to MSPs, VARs, professional services, consulting partners, and a vast range of secondary sellers to submit nominations.
Built on the foundation of the recently retired Channel Elite Awards, the new Channel Innovation Awards program is designed to open recognition possibilities to a broader range of companies working on the innovative technology solutions that drive business. A total of 15 awards will be presented in five categories: B2B, B2Enterprise, B2Government, B2Employees, and Business Leadership.
“Innovation is the centerpiece of the future,” said Fawn Annan, President of ITWC and Chair of the Canadian Channel Chiefs Council. “It’s not just something that’s nice to have – it’s fundamental for growth. As publisher of the nation’s largest digital publication focused exclusively on the technology channel, we felt an obligation to create an awards program that recognizes this imperative.”
Ms. Annan said with emerging technologies like cloud, AI, IoT, and blockchain being adapted by startups and established firms alike, Channel players are redoubling their efforts to transform their businesses so they can develop the innovative solutions required to help partners enhance their efficiency and profitability.
The awards are supported by the Canadian Channel Chiefs Council (C4), the national organization providing professional credibility to the role through education and skills certification.
“As the Channel has transformed, we too saw the need change, so we reimagined our fall awards program to enhance the recognition opportunities for all channel players, said Brian Jackson, ITWC’s editorial director. ”We also saw it as an opportunity to tell the stories of the new generation of channel leaders who are generally focused on building rather the marketing their businesses.”
How are the Channel Innovation Awards different?
- There are new awards categories. While some of the favourites from the Channel Elite program have been retained (e.g., Solution Provider of the Year), most of the awards categories are new and focused on innovation. See the full list here.
- The submission process has been simplified. Beyond the required indemnifying information, there are two key questions to be answered.
- Nominees will have an option to upload a supporting document.
- The September 19 awards gala will be held at a new location.
- A new, uniquely-styled award will be presented to the winner and runner-up in each category.
An independent panel of judges will assess all nominations. Lloyd Bryant, retired VP, HP Canada, and Business and Technology columnist David Crane will lead the panel.
- Nominations are now open. All submissions must be received by midnight July 27. Nominate now
- Nominations are open to any Canadian Channel business offering a technology solution across any vertical.
- Nominations from ISVs and born-in-the-cloud operations are welcome.
- There is a maximum of three nominations per company.
- There is no nomination process for the C4 Award. The judges will determine the winner by determining the “most innovative solution” submitted by any C4 member in any category.
- Winners will be notified shortly after judging is completed. Winners will be interviewed and may be asked to provide b-roll to be used during the awards gala.
- The gala will be held September 19 at the Universal Eventspace in Vaughan, Ont.
“We are looking forward to sharing stories of these innovative channel champions, but we need the nominations quickly,” said Annan. “I urge all solution providers to grab hold of this opportunity by submitting their nomination today. Don’t assume your solution is not important because it is. If you have a competitive advantage, then you have the material for a nomination.”
For more information:
ITWC | Vice President Marketing and Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org | 416.578.5014