Finalists Announced for 2017 Ingenious Awards
Celebration of Excellence in the Use of Information and Communication Technology
Mississauga, ON – The Information and Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) has announced the finalists for the key categories of the 2017 Ingenious Awards recognizing Canadian companies that are turning great ideas into products and services to solve problems, improve performance, introduce new services and grow their business through the use of technology.
“ITAC is proud to partner with the CIO Association of Canada (CIOCAN) on the Ingenious Awards Program to handle the first level of judging to narrow down nominations by looking for clear demonstrations of measurable achievement and innovation related to the use of information and communications technology to address opportunities and challenges,” noted Robert Watson, President and CEO. “Leveraging digital technologies lays the foundation for much of the success we are seeing across all sectors and Canadians much celebrate these innovations.”
The Ingenious finalists together with the nominations for the new Ingenious Spark category and the CanadianCIO of the Year submissions will be judged by a second judging panel led by Ronan McGrath and made up of seven other senior CIOs and CEOs, including a representative from the CIO Association of Canada, will select the final winners in each category.
Nominations came from across Canada. Finalists include:
Large Private Sector
- PCL: PCL Project Analytics (Alberta)
- Cadillac Fairview: Cisco Unified Communications Telephony Project (Ontario)
- SOTI Inc. SOTI surf and SOTI hub (Ontario)
Large Public Sector
- City of Toronto: Vehicle for Hire (Ontario)
- Halton Healthcare: New Smart Hospital enabling exemplary patient experiences (Ontario)
- Cancer Care Ontario: eCTAS – Electronic Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (Ontario)
Medium Private Sector
- Nature Fresh™ Farms: Nature Fresh™ Farms (Ontario)
- The Tandet Group: The Connected Cab (Ontario)
- Scalar Decisions: Simon Fraser University Supercomputer (BC/Alberta)
Small Private Sector
- Lumo Interactive: Lumo Play (Manitoba/Ontario)
- Aetonix: aTouchAway – Patient First (Ontario)
SME Public / Not-for-Profit Sector
- Cisco: Taking it Global (Ontario)
- OntarioMD: OntarioMD HRM and eNotifications: Faster follow-up care for better patient outcomes
- OntarioMD: Provincial eConsult Initiative: Ontario patients are skipping specialists’ waiting rooms and getting faster advice
The winners will be announced at the Ingenious Awards Gala Dinner on November 9 in Toronto.
As Canada’s national ICT business association, the Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) champions the development of a robust and sustainable digital economy in Canada. A vital connection between business and government, we provide our members with the advocacy, networking and professional development services that help them to thrive nationally and compete globally.
The Ingenious Awards is an annual celebration of excellence in the use of information and communications technology (ICT) by organizations in all walks of Canadian life to solve problems, improve performance, introduce new services and grow businesses. The ITAC CanadianCIO of the Year Award recognizes overall excellence among Canada’s community of CIOs. A new Ingenious Spark category has been added to recognize a Canadian company that showcases an early growth, unique innovation that is looking to change the world or disrupt an industry.