Lexmark offers P350 portable photo printer
Lexmark Canada Inc. introduced the Lexmark P350 portable photo printer, featuring Evercolor II ink technology and PerfectFinish Photo Paper as part of a photo printing system that provides high quality photo prints.
The first to feature Lexmark’s Evercolor II pigmented ink technology, the Lexmark P350 4 x 6-in. photo printer produces borderless photos that print in as little as 75 seconds with up to 4,800 x 1,200 dots per inch resolution, according to Lexmark.
Evercolor II is a pigment-based ink system that is meant to be used with Lexmark’s PerfectFinish Photo Paper, a micro-porous photo paper that absorbs inks quickly. Compared with conventional dye-based inks, the Evercolor II pigmented inks dry more quickly and are highly resistant to water.
It operates either as a stand-alone unit or connected to a PC or Mac. Consumers can print directly from memory cards, PictBridge compatible digital cameras, a USB flash drive or, with the purchase of an optional adapter, from a Bluetooth technology cell phone.
The printer will be available for $179.
The Bell Mobility version of the MotoQ will ship with software that enables enterprise functionality and expanded connectivity. Details of the software are as follows:
- The enhanced enterprise functionality is centered on the Windows Mobile Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP). MSFP, together with Microsoft Exchange 2003 (SP2), includes Direct Push technology, global address book lookup and enhanced mobile device management and security, including the ability to remotely wipe data from devices and options for stronger encryption of data.
- MotoQ connectivity is expanded with the addition of Dial-up Networking (DUN) capabilities. Users can also have broadband-like EVDO download speeds on their laptop by using their MotoQ as a wireless modem via USB or Bluetooth.
The MotoQ is 1.15cm thin, features a QWERTY keyboard and side operated thumb wheel. It runs on Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system and allows users to view common Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel. The device can store and play music and videos and includes stereo Bluetooth, which allows users to wirelessly stream stereo quality music from the MotoQ to Bluetooth wireless headphones.
Bell Mobility offers the MotoQ for $249 on a three-year voice, e-mail and data plan or $649 with no agreement.
EMC introduces Web content management software
EMC Corp. announced the release of EMC Documentum Page Builder, Web content management (WCM) software designed to simplify the creation, management and deployment of corporate Web sites. EMC says that the new offering will allow enterprises to lower Web site development costs.
Documentum Page Builder offers a number of features:
- A graphical user interface that improves design and site layout
- A component-based approach that allows users to reuse static or dynamic components such as a header, footer or navigation to quickly assembly Web pages
- Site view and editing capabilities to reduce time spent searching for content
- Support for Macromedia Dreamweaver templates for easier importing
- XML support of layout and content to provide schema validation, parsing and processing and rendering to multiple mark-up languages
Like other products in the EMC Documentum suite, Documentum Page Builder is integrated with the EMC Documentum enterprise content management (ECM) platform.
EMC Documentum Page Builder will be available later this year in Q4. Prices will vary by configuration.