The Tech in Sports crew explores all the major sports tech news from the last week including a virtual reality hockey goalie game, LeBron James in a self-driving car, new Samsung wearables, and San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey hosting baseball trivia on Amazon Alexa. Plus, some say Moneyball ruined baseball, so we look at whether all the analytics in the game are too much.
Stories of the week:
- A Toronto-based virtual reality video game that lets you practice as an NHL goalie;
- LeBron James test drives an Intel-developed autonomous car;
- Hailey Dawson, the seven-year-old girl with a 3D printed robotic arm, throws out a first pitch in the World Series;
- The eight-month-long Volvo Ocean Race begins;
- New Samsung wearables;
- Heads-up display goggles for swimmers;
- Swim Canada partners with a sports tech company to improve performance;
- Buster Posey is voicing a baseball trivia contest on Amazon Alexa;
- Toronto Raptors shooting guard Norman Powell teams up with GoDaddy.ca;
- And, Amazon is getting millions of views on its NFL game stream.
Recorded on October 30, 2017.
Follow us at: