QuickBooks Payroll 2007, a monthly subscription-based service, turns QuickBooks into an in-house payroll solution.
It provides small businesses with the control and processing payroll within the QuickBooks small business accounting software, integrating with QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Succès PME Pro.
QuickBooks Payroll 2007 brings several features, including tracking of employee advances and automatic deductions; electronic pay stubs; a quick and easy view of employee vacation pay accrual status; and improved Record of Employment reports.
QuickBooks Payroll 2007 also provides:
- Accurate calculations of Canadian payroll
- The ability to print and e-mail pay-stubs directly to your employees
- Comprehensive and customizable payroll and employee reports.
- Regular tax table updates
- The ability to print and eFile T4s
- Direct deposit into employee bank accounts (additional fees apply)
Kviptech lets you in control of your network assets
Kviptech announces Network Inventory Expert 2.12, an Asset Management and Inventory tool that audits a network for hardware and software without the need to install client software on remote machines. Based on Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) technology, the program is able to interrogate all machines on a network and report back with essential information about users, connections, running processes, software installed on individual machines and software quantity on the entire network. The information is added to a centralized XML data repository.
Network Inventory Expert 2.12 has an ability to retrieve additional information, such as Windows product keys, software product keys and their versions installed on the remote machines. Other improvements include a faster process for deleting computers from the inventory and an ability to copy the information from tabs to the clipboard.
The program enables you to search for machines in four different ways: across the entire current network segment, by an IP address range, through manual entry of computer names, and by importing text files of computer names. The retrieved remote system information is reported by the program as three categories of detailed information: system, software and processes. The program gives you an ability to generate detailed reports about all the machines with a one touch of a button and export them to formats, such as MS Excel, HTML, MS SQL, XML, MS Visio XML Drawing and RTF.
Pricing and Availability
The price depends on the number of tracked audit nodes and starts at US$99 for 10 machines. Discounts for volume buyers are available.
Opalis unveils IT process automation release
Opalis Software Inc. announced availability of the Opalis Integration Server. It supports for more than 90 out-of-the-box workflow process templates, five new integration packs, and an enhanced dashboard. In addition, the company unveiled five new automation solution areas.
Opalis’ RBA software provides the orchestration, integration and automation of operational processes across multiple data, departmental and application silos.
Highlighted of Opalis Integration Server 5.3 include:
- Incident Process Automation – addresses unanticipated incidents immediately and improves response time, meets SLA’s, and reduces support costs.
- Problem Process Automation – automates maintenance and remediation routines to reduce operational costs and ensure service availability.
- Change Process Automation – integrates systems and automates change requests and approval processes to improve service delivery.
- Configuration Process Automation – integrates data centre tools and automatically updates system information to reduce service interruption.
- Release Process Automation – automates roll-out procedures and verification processes to improve availability and speed of delivery.