The Tech in Sports crew explores all the major sports tech news from the last week including Notre Dame’s new high-tech helmets, Dwyane Wade’s new show on Facebook, the state of the wearables market, and much more! Plus, we build a cyborg athlete with all the latest innovative breakthrough technologies that could improve sports players beyond current human capabilities.
Stories of the week:
- Notre Dame’s entire football program is being outfitted with new high-tech helmets from VICIS
- Every member school of the Pac-12 Division One conference in the NCAA will be getting SyncThink’s 60-second eye-tracking concussion technology device by January 2018
- Apple has a record-breaking third quarter that puts them atop the wearables market once again
- Seattle Mariners hire a director of high performance
- A new wearable headband that aims to train quarterbacks’ eyes
- Cleveland Cavaliers’ Dwyane Wade has launched his own show on Facebook Watch
- Golden State Warriors’ JaVale McGee has launched an interview-style video series on his teammate Kevin Durant’s YouTube channel
- The Detroit Lions are the first NFL team to add Apple’s indoor positioning technology to its app so fans will never get lost inside Ford Field stadium again
Recorded on November 29, 2017.
Follow us at: