Symantec provides one solution for policy management, technical configurations assessment and response assessment
Symantec Corp. announced an updated Symantec Control Compliance Suite which automates the assessment of policies against industry regulations, standards and best practices.
Symantec Control Compliance Suite provides elements of the IT governance, risk and compliance management process to ensure coverage of external mandates by automating policy documentation and dissemination, acceptance tracking and exception management. It also demonstrates compliance to internal and external policies by automating the assessment of technical and procedural controls and evaluating this against risk criteria.
Compliance evidence can be gathered on configurations, permissions, patches, vulnerabilities and the solution controls self assessment of procedural activities. Finally, Symantec Control Compliance Suite fixes deviations to standards, enabling immediate corrective actions or triggers to third-party response workflow systems.
Symantec Control Compliance Suite provides these capabilities by leveraging four modules:
- Policy Module – enhanced module enables customers to define and disseminate policies, show coverage of regulatory requirements and demonstrate compliance to policies in one solution.
- Standards Module – enhanced module automates the detection and remediation of deviations from technical standards, and provides pre-packaged technical standards.
- Entitlement Module – module gathers permissions for data access across the entire company and translates those permissions into a consistent format.
- Response Assessment Module – module automates the assessment of non-programmatic controls by providing content for standards and frameworks.
Additionally, Symantec Consulting Services will provide advisory and operations services support to complement the features of Control Compliance Suite. Symantec Consulting Services can help an organization interpret, evaluate, and validate its compliance with regulatory industry standards and its own internal best practices and procedures.
Symantec Control Compliance Suite 8.5 is scheduled to be available in late May through Symantec’s worldwide network of value-added resellers, distributors and systems integrators. The solution’s Response Assessment Module is scheduled to be available in June. Organizations seeking a reseller or distributor should contact Symantec at http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com. For more information on Symantec’s IT Policy Compliance offerings, visit http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/products/category.jsp?pcid=1004.
Business Objects extends scalability of BusinessObjects Data Integrator
Business Objects announced the launch of BusinessObjects Data Integrator XI Release 2 Version 11.7.2. This version of Data Integrator provides customers with deployment options. The version is available now for electronic download from Business Objects, and is expected to be available by the end of May 2007.
Data Integrator is part of the company’s EIM solution set, which also includes data quality and metadata and lifecycle management products.
Specific enhancements in Data Integrator XI Release 2 Version 11.7.2 include:
- Extends the innovations launched in Version 11.7 to UNIX and Linux platforms
- Expands support of 64-bit operating systems for Solaris and AIX by providing a native 64-bit version of Data Integrator on these platforms
- Integration with BusinessObjects Data Federator
For additional information on Business Objects data management solutions, please visit http://www.businessobjects.com/EIM.
MindSpec announces TimeMeter 2.9
MindSpec Corp. announced version 2.9 of its time and expenses tracking solution allowing Microsoft Outlook users track work time and associated expenses. TimeMeter allows for systematizing current projects, timelines, hourly rates and employees’ assignments basing on live time and expenses tracking model that enables automatic calculation of HR costs involved. The application allows for comprehensive reports on any aspect of personnel management including time budget and financial reports on any current or past project.
TimeMeter allows creating a project, assigning employees to various activities required to complete it, setting hourly rates and even specifying a time overdue multiplier. At any time, the project manager or the employee working on pay-per-time basis can generate a variety of comprehensive reports on any aspect of the current job.