Google’s search tool is getting another upgrade and this time, it’s to help you find the best prices when travelling.
Google Inc. announced updates to Google Flights and Google Hotels on Tuesday. With the updates expected to roll out in a couple weeks, finding the best price on a flight to that next conference and the hotel you’ll be staying in should be a bit easier. Here’s how to do it:
Finding flights on-the-go
Let’s say you’re booking a flight to Los Angeles from Toronto for a conference. With updates to Google Flights, you can now book your flight from your mobile device.
- First, hop into Google Flights and insert your destination. Right away you’ll see the most recommended flights, with tips to possibly finding a cheaper option on alternate days or at different airports nearby.
- You’ll also see when the current fare for a flight will expire. If the flight will likely increase in one day, you’ll know right away. Just tap on the time card, and you’ll see more details about when the price and its fluctuations.
- Don’t worry if you aren’t ready to book your flight yet, as you can track a specific flight. You’ll then receive an email notification when prices are expected to change.
- Additionally, if you’ve yet to decide a vacation spot, you can choose destinations, pick a month and time frame, and explore direct flights in that region.
Finding hotel deals with ease
Once you’ve landed in Los Angeles, you need a hotel. Google Hotels allows you to find the best prices under a new “Deals” tab.
- To find a hotel, all you need is your basic Google search bar. From there, you can search for hotels at any destination. In this case, search, “Los Angeles Hotels”.
- You’ll see four tabs: deals, cheap, top rated, and luxury. Pick the tab that applies to you the most, and find the hotel that suits your needs.
- If you’re a loyalty card member, don’t forget to register it through Google. Once you’ve done so, you’ll receive notifications when loyalty member deals are in place on hotel websites.